Upholstery, ever heard of it? Well, don’t worry!
Here is what it means:- according to the Oxford dictionary Upholstery is a “soft, padded textile covering that you can fix to furniture such as armchairs and sofas.
Covering maybe cloth on your furniture.
Bloodstains unlike other stains quickly stained and is a very irritating sight to see Also, blood is Heaven for Bacteria in fact not only bacteria. But all other microorganisms can easily survive. Therefore it has the potential to cause and spread several diseases.
So how to get rid of blood from upholstery? We will discuss it in this article.
Here Are Some Tips To Remove Blood Stains By Upholstery Cleaning Service
1. Cool Water Treatment!
Yes, you need to keep your cool at the unfortunate and irritating sight. Many cleaning experts advise using cold water. Get rid of blood stains or more effectively on blood spills.
You need a dry cloth to dip it in cold water and then scrub gently over the bloodstain and keep that part covered further with this wet fabric for a quarter of an hour (15 minutes).
Then with the same cloth just wipe over the upholstery and magic the blood stain is with just cold water!
Hot Water Due To Its High Temperature And Low Viscosity Can Cause 2 Things
- It may damage the upholstery material but this solely depends on the material by which the fabric of upholstery.
- The same above properties of the hot water can In fact help in drying and fixing the stain. Once you have fix the stain it becomes more difficult to remove and clear the stain.
2. Cold Water and Hydrogen Peroxide
This is just another variant of the first basic tip, this tip is effective when the stain is dried, that is ‘actually stained’.
Add a few drops of concentrated hydrogen peroxide into cold water (chemically H2O2) thoroughly.
Then like the first tip itself continues, that is dipping a cloth in this mixture, gently scrubbing the stain, here you can see bubbles coming out or precipitating out (chemically known as effervescence), then gently wipe out and bravo! The bloodstain is no more!
3. Coldwater and Liquid Detergent
This tip is the same as that of above because most of the liquid detergents contain hydrogen peroxide, however before using this combination an additional step has to be done.
Some liquid detergent can cause some other stain, so do add a test dose before applying it on your upholstery.
Few Conclusive Tips
- The use of liquid detergent and a small scrub is recommended even after the first and second tip mentioned above because still some faded stain can be noticed even after cleaning with cold water or cold water and hydrogen peroxide.
- Instead of cold water, one can use ice! So that when it melts and becomes water just wipe it off!
Hope this article provides insight into how to remain cool and how coolness can remove blood stains from your upholstery. Hire Couch Cleaning Wollongong today to get quality services of Sofa Cleaning Wollongong.